- 2 12 oz packages Zweigle's chicken sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¾ cup grape jelly
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute sausage with the garlic for a few minutes or until slightly browned. Be careful not to let the garlic burn. Transfer browned sausage and garlic to your crock pot/slow cooker.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the sausage. Stir to coat the sausage pieces.
- Cover. Set slow cooker to low setting and cook for 2-3 hours OR high for 1-2 hours or until sausage is hot inside and sauce is bubbly. Stir once halfway through cooking.
- Turn slow cooker to warm setting to keep the sausages warm for as long as you need. Serve with toothpicks. I have also made a dinner out of this and served it over rice. Enjoy!