- 8 oz. Zweigle’s Chorizo Chicken Sausage, rough chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 1 large butter potato, roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 14 oz. can Cannellini beans, drain, reserve juice
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 3 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, fine chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, fine chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottom pan, add the chorizo, onion, leeks, potato and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and reserved juice from the beans. Bring to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, beans, and half the herbs, season and cook for 12-14 minutes. Spoon about a third of the soup into a food processor or blender and process until semi-smooth consistency. Return the latter to the pan, add a pinch of pepper and rest of herbs. Heat through for 5 minutes.