- 1/2 cup water
- 3 of your favorite flavor Zweigle’s sausage links
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced and halved
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 lb. brie cut into 1/4 strips
- 2 jalapenos or ancho chilies, roasted, deseeded and peeled
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, cheeks removed and diced
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted, mixed with
- 4 tbsp. oil
- Heat the water in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the onion, remove from heat, and let stand until the slices are wilted, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick or well-seasoned skillet over medium heat for several minutes. When the skillet is hot, soften the tortillas by placing them in the skillet for about 15 seconds on a side.
- To make the quesadillas, put a few strips of cheese on half of each tortilla. Add several onion strips, some sliced sausage, 1 tablespoon of diced chilies and mango. Fold the tortillas over and brush with mixture of melted butter and oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF. Heat a skillet over medium heat and brown the quesadillas on both sides. Place on a cookie sheet in the oven to keep warm while browning the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each into 4 triangular wedges and serve warm as an appetizer.
- Note: You can use sweet chili sauce or meat sauce as a dipping sauce.