- 1 12 oz. pkg. Zweigle’s Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage, small diced
- 1 lb. butter, sliced
- 1 lb. Arborio rice
- 7 cups of chicken or vegetable broth (stock)
- 1/2 white onion, small diced
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat large heavy-bottom pan with 4 tbsp of butter. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the sausage and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute. Start adding the liquid 1 cup at a time. Add the next cup of liquid when the first cup is almost all absorbed, stirring constantly.
- After all of the liquid is almost all absorbed add the remaining butter and parmesan with salt and pepper to taste. Add more liquid if needed. Final product should be smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese. For more flavor add a tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.