- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Zweigle’s Chicken Chorizo Sausage links, quartered and sliced
- 1 lb. mussels, cleaned
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 quart canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 gallon clam juice
- 3 lbs. baker potatoes, medium diced
- 3 tbsp. curly parsley, chopped
- In a heavy-bottom pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute. Add the paprika and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Deglaze pot with white wine.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Then add the clam juice and simmer until the potatoes are done. Reserve this solution.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes. Add mussels and 3 cups of the sausage solution and cover with a lid. Cook until the mussels open up completely.
- Pour mussels and mixture into a large bowl and face all open mussels upward and sprinkle generously with the parsley and serve immediately.