- 1/2 lb. shelled fava beans
- 6 oz. Zweigle's Chicken Chorizo, cooked
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups crimini mushrooms (or hen of the woods)
- 4 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fava beans in a pan of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Remove the skin from the sausage. It’s easier to score the sausage along the side and remove the skin with a sharp knife. Cut the chorizo into small chunks. Heat the oil in a small pan, add the chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the sliced mushrooms in a bowl and tip in the chorizo and oil. Toss to combine then leave to cool.
- If the beans are large, peel away the rough outer skins. Stir the beans and half the chives in to the mushroom mixture, and season to taste. Serve at room temperature, garnished with remaining chives.
- Note: For more fun, try frying the whole chive in oil for a minute or until crisp. They turn into long “sticks” that can stand up and add a little crunch to the salad.