- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/2 lbs. of any chicken with the bone in
- Medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Zweigle's Polish Sausage
- 1 Zweigle's Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage
- 1 Zweigle's Chorizo Chicken Sausage
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, cook, turn often, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Then remove to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the pan hot and add the sausage, bell pepper, celery, white rice, and ground red pepper to the drippings in the pan.
- Stir and coat with drippings for 2 minutes and stir in the water, parsley, thyme and bay leaves. Then return the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat until the water is absorbed and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Cook, uncovered, until any excess moisture is evaporated.