- 1 package Wegmans All Natural Andouille Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups penne rigate pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- Parsley, to taste
- Add sausage, onion, minced garlic, and olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until sausage and onion start to brown.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes and heavy cream, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and add pasta.
- Simmer until pasta is fully cooked.
- Add cheese, stirring frequently until melted.
- Stir in flour one tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness in sauce is achieved.
- Serve, topping with parsley to taste.