- 2 Zweigle's Italian Sausages
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil, and add 1 cup brown rice of your choice. Cook per directions on box, or until there is no excess water remaining in the pot.
- Heat two Italian sausages (grill or pan fry).
- Slice Italian sausage into bite-sized pieces, and add to cooked rice along with onion and marinara sauce.
- Stir thoroughly, adding more marinara sauce if necessary.
- Scoop mixture into cleaned and seeded bell peppers, topping with parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Allow peppers to cool, and enjoy!