- 1lb package of Zweigle’s Cooked Italian Sausage
- 12 large jalapeños
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, minced
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Fresh Italian parsley and Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice jalapeños in half and remove seeds and stem. Distribute halved jalapeños evenly on a lined sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Remove jalapeños from oven and let cool.
- Remove skin from Zweigle’s Italian Sausage Links and crumble sausage.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with oil. Warm Zweigle’s Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, breaking up as needed for about 5 minutes. Add onions, and peppers and cook for another 5 minutes or until peppers and onions soften and sausage is browned. Remove mixture from heat and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- After the mixture is cooled, add cream cheese and Parmesan. Fold together until thoroughly mixed.
- Distribute mixture to all jalapeño halves and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Place pan of stuffed jalapeños under the broiler and cook until mozzarella is melted and starting to brown.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!