- 1 Zweigle's Italian sausage
- 1/2 can pizza dough
- 3/4 mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- Heat two Italian sausages (grill or pan fry)
- Slice Italian sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Knead pizza dough and roll out until flat. Apply marinara sauce to surface, avoiding 1/4 - 1/2 inch around rim.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, and cheese to one side of dough.
- Fold half of dough without toppings over onto the other side and squeeze ends together, sealing the calzone.
- Brush olive oil on top of dough for added flavor (optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until dough appears golden brown.