- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 Zweigles chicken sausages, any variety, cut into 5 pieces each
- ½ pineapple, cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Use metal skewers for this recipe, if possible. They promote even cooking by conducting heat from the inside out, and they don’t burn. If using wooden, soak 6 large bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Wrap the blunt end with a small piece of aluminum foil to prevent them from burning.
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over chicken in a large Zip-loc bag and make sure all ingredients are evenly covered. Seal bag and allow chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Thread marinated chicken, chicken sausage, and cubed pineapple alternately onto each skewer. You can make these any size that you wish, but I had enough ingredients to make 6 large skewers.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat or use a charcoal grill.
- Oil the grill with vegetable oil. Place skewers on grill and brush vegetable oil on each skewer to prevent them from sticking to the grates and grill, turning occasionally until the chicken and sausage are cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and serve. Serve over rice or with a side of beans, corn on the cob, or a salad. Enjoy!