- 12 oz Zweigle's Chorizo chicken sausage, fully cooked, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 2 T teriyaki sauce
- 1 T chili sauce
- 2 T honey
- 1 T pineapple juice (that you reserved from can)
- Soak your toothpicks in water for 20 minutes before baking so they don't char in the oven. This won't leave a flavor residue. Be sure to use non-colored toothpicks as the colored toothpicks will bleed and discolor the food!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (and spray with non-stick cooking spray), parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Place a chunk of pineapple on top of a slice of chicken sausage and stick one toothpick into each of them. Place on the prepared pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining four ingredients to make the glaze.
- Brush glaze over tops and sides of sausage/pineapple bites. Try not to get a ton of glaze on the toothpick as it will burn when in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or just until hot, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and serve warm. Enjoy!