- 1 (64 oz.) bag frozen pierogies (any flavor)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz (4 links) Zweigle's chicken sausage, any flavor, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skilletover medium-high heat with a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the sausage slices and cook until sausage is slightly browned on both sides.
- Add minced garlic and cook briefly - just until fragrant, being careful not to burn (this is a quick process).
- Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, warm the chicken stock and cream cheese together until the cream cheese has fully melted (may need to break it up as best you can with a spoon or whisk).
- Combine all ingredients in your crock pot. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours or until most of the liquid is absorbed and has thickened. Stir once or twice throughout cooking. Enjoy!