- 1 package Zweigle’s Chicken Chorizo Sausage
- 2 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups corn
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley optional
- Prep all ingredients prior to cooking for easy assembly. Wash, pat dry, and cube potatoes. Chop onion. Slice sausage into ½ inch coins.
- In a large pot, add cooking spray and heat to medium. Add sausage and cook until golden, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add onions to the same pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then coat with flour and cook for 1 more minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth until combined.
- Add potatoes, corn, sausage, pepper, and half and half to the pot and stir to combine. Bring the pot to a boil, then cover and turn heat to low and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Allow soup to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.