- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Zweigle’s Italian chicken sausage, sliced thin
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups short cut pasta (I used Campanelle)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups half and half
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1½ cup sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add chopped onions and sliced chicken sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are soft, and sausage is starting get a nice brown color on each side.
- Add minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant (20-30 seconds). Don't let it burn.
- Stir in pasta, Rotel tomatoes, half and half, a sprinkle of pepper, and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes until pasta is cooked through/tender.
- Thoroughly stir in cheese until melted and remove skillet from heat.
- Let stand for a few minutes to let the sauce thicken before serving. Enjoy!