- 8 oz penne or casarecce pasta
- 1 package Zweigle’s Italian Chicken Sausage, diced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Boil one pot of water and cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, dice sausage into medium sized pieced. Cook in a pan over medium heat until sausage is heated through and edges begin to brown.
- When pasta is finished cooking, strain with cold water in order to cool pasta. Let sausage cool to room temperature.
- Combine pasta, sausage, mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil and pesto sauce in a large bowl.
- Let chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.