Buffalo Mac & Cheese (Zweigle’s Style!)
There’s no comfort food like mac and cheese, and with the temperatures still frigid cold here in Rochester, we’re pretty sure we could all use a little bit of comfort right now. Warm up with this week’s creation featuring our Buffalo Style Chicken Sausage. With just the right amount of heat and tangy buffalo sauce, this buffalo mac and cheese will become a new weeknight favorite in no time.
2.5 cups elbow pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
2 Zweigle’s Buffalo Style Chicken Sausages, thinly sliced
- In a large pot, bring roughly six cups of water to a boil. Add elbow pasta, and prepare el dante.
- In a separate pot, melt butter. Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Add cheddar and pepper jack cheese, stirring frequently until melted.
- Mix in sour cream and buffalo hot sauce.
- In a pan, warm Zweigle’s Buffalo Style Chicken Sausage until lightly browned and heated all the way through.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot, stirring often and until thickened.
- Serve up and enjoy, topping with additional buffalo sauce for an extra kick if desired.