Hi, I’m Julie Camardo, Owner and CEO of Zweigle’s and the 2020 United Way Campaign Chair.
While our community continues to address the challenges of COVID-19, our hearts are with those who are affected by the virus, as well as the essential workers on the front lines who are battling the disease and keeping our community running. Thank you.
For those who are staying home and social distancing, grilling season is here and it looks a bit different this year without friends and neighbors to share a meal with. The United Way campaign is looking much different than it did when I first took on this role, too.
That’s why I’m inviting you to a virtual backyard BBQ to benefit United Way and the thousands of people served each year by donations to the Community Impact Fund.
It’s called the Grill & Give Challenge. It’s simple to join!
- Pop open a package of Zweigle’s hot dogs or any of your favorite grilling foods
- Fire up the grill (safely, of course)!
- Snap a picture or take a video of your grill set-up OR your immediate family enjoying the first grill of the season. Pro tip—toss in your favorite local beverage for added enjoyment. Don’t forget to use #RocGrillAndGive!
- Post the pic or video to any social media platform with the hashtag #ROCGrillAndGive
- If you can, please make a donation to the United Way Community Impact Fund by texting GrillAndGive to 41444 or visit www.uwrochester.org/
grillandgive. All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $25,000, by Zweigle’s.
- Encourage your friends to Grill and Give with you by indicating they’re joining your picnic on the donate page, in addition to documenting their own picnic!
This challenge will give us all a chance to connect virtually, bring a bright (red hot) spot to our day, and help United Way improve health, education, and economic mobility in our community. I know that we are going to come back stronger than ever on the other side of this crisis.
Thank you for standing United during this difficult time. Be well, stay safe, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the Grill & Give Challenge. Thank you.